Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member producer is on a distinguished road

Using TL-MR3220 as a repeater behind an ADSL modem / router ?

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

[h=2]Using TL-MR3220 as a repeater behind an ADSL modem / router ?[/h]
    Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am connected to the internet via a non TP=Llink ADSL2 modem/router supplied by my ISP.

I was using my TL-MR3220 as a 3G modem but no longer need it for that purpose.

I was wondering whether I can now use my TL-MR3220 for two other purposes: as an additional wireless access point and as a means of linking equipment (i.e. printers) to the home network .

I have tried connecting the ADSL2 modem/router to the TL-MR3220 via an ethernet cable (one of the 4 LAN ports on the ADSL modem/router to the blue WAN port on the TL-MR3220) but I can get no internet connection through the TL-MR3220.

Is this normal i.e. something that the TL-MR3220 is not designed to do, or am I just using the wrong settings ? I have tried a whole range of different settings but none seem to work.

Any help very gratefully received !!

Did you login the MR3220 to configure it? Remember to change the internet access to WAN only. The WAN connection type should be Dynamic IP based on your description. Check if there is WAN IP address. If not,